DAY 13 : THURSDAY, JUNE 28, 2012
DAY 14 : FRIDAY, JUNE
- Andrew was whining in the backseat.
- April handed him his Leapster tablet.
- Andrew was happy and played Leapster intently while April curved and swerved through mountain roads.
- They hit a rush hour traffic jam.
- Andrew started crying - he handed April the tablet.
- Andrew barfed shrimp tempura all over himself.
- Due to the traffic jam, the poor child had to sit in a pool of his own sick for almost 40 minutes before they could get off the interstate.
- Max was disgusted with the entire thing and took a nap.
DAY 15 : Saturday,
JUNE 30, 2012
Kansas nearly killed us
“44 minutes to your destination.” Uh – yeah – it was wayyyyyy down a gravel road. In the dark. In the rain. Never-the-less, we forged ahead and made camp around midnight just as the winds started up again. April made plenty of comments to Mark about how smart it was of him to drag us even further from civilization in this weather that was hell-bent on sending our tiny camper flying through the air. Mark responded with plenty of suggestions that April should consider picking up a map and making a plan of her own if she wanted to voice her opinions. Their bickering was drown out by the howling of the wind and eventually the whole family fell asleep – vowing never again to visit this dreadful state.